Every year, about this time, I sit down and figure out exactly what my tv-viewing line-up will be for the rest of the year. At the moment, it looks something like this:
- Mondays –
- No TV (At least, until January when 24 starts up)
- Tuesdays –
- 8:00pm – House (and if House is in re-runs, I’m curious about the new show reaper)
- 9:00pm – Boston Legal (although tonights premiere starts at 8:30… DON’T MISS IT!)
- Wednesdays –
- No TV (Church)
- Thursdays –
- Nothing I really want to watch although it looks like Reaper is showing again, so if it becomes the defacto night for the show AND it turns out to be good, I’ll probably be watching that.
- Fridays –
- No TV (Life)
As you can see, TV will not be taking up most of my life… Of course, I should mention that I do have a regular line-up that goes more or less year round. It’s kind of a “know what station to be on at what time of day” rule of thumb. For me, it goes something like this:
- 7:00 to 8:00 pm: Jon Stewart/Colbert Report (CMDY)
- 8:00 to 9:00 pm: Cheers (KSTC)/Friends (TBS sometimes)
- 9:00 to 10:00 pm: Frasier (KSTC)
- 10:00 to 11:00pm: Jon Stewart/Colbert Report (if I think I’m going to miss next night) (CMDY)/Friends (KSTC)
- 11:00 to 12:00pm: Scrubs (KSTC) / Frasier (Lifetime)
- 12:00 to 1:00am: Jon Stewart/Colbert Report (if I think I’m going to miss next night) (CMDY)/ Poker (ESPN/TRAVEL)
- 1:00am to 2:00a: Star Trek Deep Space 9 (Spike)
If I’m not asleep by then, then I’m probably not watching TV, I’m probably coding or playing Metroid Prime 3.
So everyone… What am I not watching?