Christmas is coming.
I’ve taken time to notice how business changes this week before Christmas…. Because Christmas falls on a monday this year, it seems to be causing all sorts of strange things to happen. People don’t seem to be sure if they want to work late next week, and more seem to be inclined not to. Many people don’t want to work this week either. Normally, at least it’s been my expierence, is that the business world takes “A week” off…
That said, it’s weird having half my clients take one week off, and the other half taking the other week off, and some taking both off. That said, I’ll be doing my best not to work the week after christmas (But knowing me, I’ll still do something).
The other thing I’m noticing is that with Christmas on a Monday, my week get’s packed a whole lot more… Let’s run down Justin’s schedule of things:
- Saturday (22nd) toÂ Thursday (27th) – I will be in Nebraska. For those of you who wonder who will be taking care of Kitty… She will be well cared for by my grandparents who will be staying at our house while we are gone.
- Friday (28th) – This is the busiest day for me:
- Christmas with my family in the morning
- MSA Alumni Something in the afternoon
- Work Christmas party in the evening.
- Saturday (29th) – Christmas with my Mom’s side
- Sunday (30th) – Christmas with Amber’s family
- Monday the 31st – Most likely working at MSA and new years eve
- Tuesday the 1st – Quite possibly the only day I have to slow down. Also the day enrollment opens for MSA.
- Wednesday 2nd – Catch up on all the email (yeah right).
All in all Nebraska should be a good amount of R&R, but not at home…
I’m looking forward to 2008 though. 2008 is the year I am deeming “The road to 24”. More on that later.
For now, be sure you take the time to SLOW DOWN this holiday season… The world is already moving way to fast… It’s time to sit back, relax and reflect, and enjoy the company of loved ones.