≡ Menu

A Bachelor Party

So tonight was PK’s bachelor party, and not having ever been to one myself, I have to admit, I had a very good time.

The evening started with a little 5 on 5 volleyball. It’s been awhile since I’ve played, but I don’t think I did “too” badly. I made some decent saves, missed a few, and had a nice little run serving. No where near the best player (the best player was probably Justin at the end of the day), but at least decent. Highlights include a missing wedding ring (which Adam found), and just some all around good times.

We ended sometime around 7:45ish, which was still too early to head to bowling. So the group decided to hit broadway pizza instead. Some great talks about video games, life, the wedding took place. Marcus showed up, which was good cause I wanted to get a chance to talk to him (but didn’t, more on that shortly). Ordered a nice sausage pepperoni pizza for my table, and quite simply, continued to have a great time.

Melissa then calls to join us to go bowling. I agree to go get her at the U of M, which worked out fine, I hadn’t had a chance to talk to my sister in some time. In any case, the drive was about 30 minutes from where we had pizza.

About 20 minutes into the drive, I was in trouble.

Now some of you may know this about me… from time to time my body just does not react to food properly. At first we thought it might be a lactose intolerant thing, but I seem to have proven that wrong by both drinking milk, eating cereal, and having the same thing happen when eating food that doesn’t contain milk. Then we thought it was a problem eating to fast or to much, that too has been proven wrong (in fact, tonight I only had 2 slices of pizza, and it’s probably the worse I’ve felt in awhile). Needless to say, by the time I got to Mel’s I was very much in need of facilities.

Thankfully Mel let me use her restroom (embarrassing for me) and then shared some Imodium with me (even more embarrassing). Now in the past, I have to admit, this has worked quite well. Generally any drug women give me to help with this problem seems to work (one of these days I’ll learn to carry it my glove box). We hung around her place for another 10 minutes or so, talking with her room mate, programming the nav system, and the like.

Now on the way there, it didn’t get better, instead it got worse and started affecting my tummy… Not cool.

I ended up dropping Mel off and saying a quick goodbye to Patrick… There was no way I was going to be able to bowl without well… an accident. And I really didn’t feel like sitting in the bowling places restrooms for an hour.

So I headed home, barely making it here as well, where I spent the next 30 minutes reading Nintendo Power.

All in all, it was a good evening, just a “crappy” end (haha). Hopefully I’ll get a chance to talk with Marcus at the wedding reception.

Strangely enough, I found out when I got home that one of the most important servers at JR went down around 7:30ish, and was brought back online about 7:40ish by the people at rackspace (good people). I decided during a conversation tonight on AIM with John that my body must be tied to the servers, and when they suffer so do I…

In any case, great time! Can’t wait for the big party Saturday.

Comments on this entry are closed.

  • Richard May 29, 2008, 6:04 pm

    Sounds like a trip to the doc could be in order. I have similar issues when I have sugary foods for breakfast.