It’s been one of those “key” days at JR Computer Associates today…
To understand why, you have to understand a little bit about JR Computer Associate’s history…
- April 19, 2004 – “The New Toy/Home Arrives” – Princess arrives from dell. The next few months of posts would be me talking about the new server.
- April 24, 2004 – “God Bless” – A meeting with Stuart DeVaan, the CEO of Implex, to talk about putting our server downtown. Probably one of the best decisions JR ever made.
- June 6th, 2004 – “Moving In Graduation” – Princess is installed at Implex.net.
- June 19thm 2004 – “Episode 4: A New Home” – JR’s website comes online, on a server that is being cutely called “princess” (though I wasn’t telling anyone that).
- April 11th, 2005 – Mario and Luigi Come Online – All new sites are put onto Luigi. Mario becomes the backup for Princess and Luigi.
- February 19th, 2007 – Moved into a half rack at Implex. Added 2 more servers, a router, a switch, and a Power Distribution System (remote controlled power switch) to the mix. I appeared to have stopped blogging for Rinsefirst around this time… probably due to JR’s Growth.
- June, 29th 2007 – Wario (Blaine’s Server, and the last server to be installed at implex) is installed.
- May 10th 2010 (today): The lights went out, and all the servers came home… JR no longer has it’s “own” servers anymore (at least, not one’s connected at Implex to the internet and used for business).
Joe and I packed them up around lunchtime and brought them back to Woodbury for retirement. I’m not sure how all of them will be used going forward… I’m pretty sure I’ll donate 2 of them to MSA to replace 2 machines that really should be using server hardware. I’ll probably keep Princess here at home… for old-times sake… Not sure yet what I want to do with the other 3… I do have some ideas though :-).
It’s a somewhat sad moment, but for JR to grow, we have had to specialize more and more… No more hosting for us… just the building of web applications.
Here’s to 6 full years JR Webhosting and of fun at Implex. I hope one day to return.