I haven’t been using my blog as a personal site for some time now… In fact, I haven’t been using it at all for much of anything.
That said, now that I’m in a new home, I’m hoping to start working on regular home improvements. Most of which will most likely fall into the category of “Home Automation.”
I’ve already got a list going of things I would like to do, such as:
- Add monitoring to everything, such as:
- Temp in every room, outside as well
- Light Switch status (on/off)
- Furnace/AC status (on/off)
- Motion Sensors (last seen)
- Outlet status (on/off)
- Maybe at some point, some other cool sensors such as light sensors, or CO2 sensors (more O2 anyone?)
- Add more detailed controls to the programmable thermostat
- Add automated light on/light off systems to power on and off lights
- Add Solar panels with micro inverters to the roof
- Add motorized blinds.
- Add a HRV/ERV to my home.
- Add a Roomba
- Add a Automatic Lawn Mower…
And realize this is just the start of my list…
My first goal is to get the monitoring in place. I’m focusing on tempature as the first goal, as I hope to balance out the temp in my house better than it is now. This project is already turning into something cool, and I hope to document where things go as time goes on. We’ll see if it happens (if I can actually remember to blog as I go).
For the moment though, we’re still unpacking and working on setting up renters and the like for the old place. So it may be a few weeks yet before I get to ordering the first parts to this new system of mine :-).